ORMOND BEACH - May 19, 2020 The City of Ormond Beach has re-opened all outdoor basketball courts as of today, May 19, 2020.
All outdoor sports fields, including the Ormond Beach Sports Complex, will open beginning May 20, 2020. Residents may have limited access to the outdoor sports fields due to prior sports association agreements for usage.
All indoor basketball courts at South Ormond Neighborhood Center and the indoor pickleball courts at the Nova Community Center will also open beginning May 20, 2020. Reservations are required for all indoor court usage and can be arranged by calling each facility. Nova Community Center can be reached at 386-676-3252 and South Ormond Neighborhood Center can be reached at 386-676-3231.
To avoid the potential for person-to-person spread of the virus, we ask that residents follow all CDC guidelines regarding group sizes.
Nova Community Center:
· Hours: 9:00am-9:30pm Mon-Sat; 1:00pm-5:30pm Sun.
· Facility will be open for pickleball only. All pickleballs will be provided.
· Courts must be reserved ahead of time
· Reservations are 50-minute increments (i.e., 9:00am-9:50am); one reservation per person per day; players must exit immediately following their reservation time.
· Names of all participants are required at the time of reservation. No one can enter unless their name is on the reservation and will only be allowed once per day
· Pickleball players can play doubles – no more than 16 people in the gym at a time – eight on each side of the curtain
· Multiple reservations are prohibited; you must complete your reservation before another reservation is made. No voicemail reservations are accepted.
· Reservation groups may not enter until their allotted time slot, and all participants in the group must be present in order to enter.
· Staff will wear masks and all players are encouraged to practice social distancing
· Staff will wipe down all surfaces after each reservation (door handles, pickleballs, and designated seating, etc.)
South Ormond Neighborhood Center:
· Hours: 1:00pm-9:00pm Mon-Fri; 11:00am-5:00pm Saturday; 1:00pm-5:00pm Sunday
· Facility will be open for basketball only
· Players are required to bring their own basketballs
· Courts must be reserved ahead of time—call facility to make reservations
· Names of all participants are required at the time of reservation. No one can enter unless their name is on the reservation and will only be allowed once per day.
· Multiple reservations cannot be made; you must complete your reservation before another reservation is made. No voicemail reservations are accepted.