March 18, 2020: For updated information on the city’s response to the coronavirus, please visit www.ormondbeach.org/coronavirus.
ORMOND BEACH — March 13, 2020 The City of Ormond Beach is coordinating with all of our community partners while closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation for our area. City staff is continuously assessing and adapting emergency plans for COVID-19 and is implementing mitigation strategies to slow the transmission of the disease, in particular to protect individuals at increased risk for severe illness, including older adults and those with underlying health conditions, as well as the healthcare of critical infrastructure workforces.
The City is being proactive and following CDC and Florida Department of Health (FDOH) recommendations and guidelines in preparation for potential cases of COVID-19. While our City is functioning as normal, we are working hard to ensure emergency plans are in place. As recommended by the CDC, we are asking all residents to take the following preventative actions:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home if you are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds. Use alcohol-based sanitizer with 60% alcohol if soap is not readily available.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
As recommended by the FDOH, if you think you may have COVID-19 or are showing any symptoms, please call your doctor or local hospital before you go in. For any questions or concerns you may have regarding COVID-19, FDOH has a call center available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-779-6121 or email at COVIDemail@example.com.