Our area is expecting
freezing weather over the next several days; we would like to remind everyoneto be safe as heating equipment is one of the leading causes of home
· Keepanything that can burn at least three (3) feet away from heating equipment such
as a fireplace or a space heater.
· Make sure to keep children at least three (3) feet away from fireplaces, space heaters, as well as open fires.
· Youroven should never be used to heat your home.
you are replacing heating equipment in your home, make sure to have itinstalled by professionals in accordance with local codes and manufacturers’
· Haveyour chimney and heating system cleaned and inspected each year by a
· Turnoff space heaters when you leave a room or go to bed.
sure your fireplace has a protective screen to keep sparks from flying into theroom. Make sure ashes are cool before
putting them into a metal container and make sure the container is kept at asafe distance away from your home.
smoke alarms at least once a month.
For more information about heat safety, please visit the National Fire Protection Association at http://www.nfpa.org/ .