News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/2/2018 1:23:46 PM to 1/8/2018 12:05:01 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: January 2, 2018

[ARCHIVED] Heat Safety

Our area is expecting
freezing weather over the next several days; we would like to remind everyoneto be safe as heating equipment is one of the leading causes of home

·        Keep
anything that can burn at least three (3) feet away from heating equipment suchas a fireplace or a space heater.

·        Make
sure to keep children at least three (3) feet away from fireplaces, spaceheaters, as well as open fires.

·        Youroven should never be used to heat your home.

·        Ifyou are replacing heating equipment in your home, make sure to have it
installed by professionals in accordance with local codes and manufacturers’instructions.

·        Haveyour chimney and heating system cleaned and inspected each year by a

·        Turn
off space heaters when you leave a room or go to bed. 

·        Make
sure your fireplace has a protective screen to keep sparks from flying into theroom.  Make sure ashes are cool before
putting them into a metal container and make sure the container is kept at asafe distance away from your home.

·        Testsmoke alarms at least once a month.

For more informationabout heat safety, please visit the National Fire Protection Association at .

Facebook Twitter Email