Meeting Procedures and Information for the August 4, 2020 City Commission Meeting
The Ormond Beach City Commission will hold a regular City Commission meeting on Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. In order to follow federal, state, and local guidelines regarding public gatherings, and to protect residents, staff, and elected officials due to the COVID-19 virus, this meeting will be conducted virtually through communications media technology and not in a physical location.
The agenda for the Tuesday, August 4, 2020 City Commission Meeting will be available online at this link after 12:00 p.m. on Friday, July 31, 2020.
How to Watch the Meeting
The meeting will be streamed live online. Links will also be available on the city’s webpage at www.ormondbeach.org/virtualmeeting, on this webpage . It will be available live on the city’s YouTube page at www.youtube.com/cityoformondbeach.
The recording of the meeting will be available the following day online at www.ormondbeach.org/ccrecordings.
The City Commission welcomes public comment on agenda items. Comments on items on the August 4 meeting agenda may be submitted the following ways. All those wishing to comment will need to provide their name, address, and identify the item which they are commenting on.
Remote submissions of comments may be made as follows:
- Through an online form: The form is available at www.ormondbeach.org/agendacomments. You will be asked to provide your name, address, and identify the agenda item you are commenting on.
- By written comment: If you’d like to submit a written comment, you may drop your written comment off at the second floor reception desk at City Hall, 22 S. Beach Street, during normal business hours. Please make sure to clearly label your submission as an agenda item comment for the August 4 City Commission meeting agenda. Please provide your name, address, and identify the agenda item you are commenting on in your correspondence. You may also send comment via U.S. mail to the City Clerk at 22 S. Beach Street, Ormond Beach, FL, 32174.
- By fax: You may send your comment via fax to (386) 676-3330. Please provide your name, address, and identify the agenda item you are commenting on in your facsimile.
Agenda item comments submitted remotely through one of the above provided means before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 3, 2020, will be provided to the City Commission prior to the meeting and made part of the official meeting record. Comments on agenda items submitted after 5:00 p.m. on August 3, 2020, but before the conclusion of the Commission meeting, will be provided to the City Commission following the meeting. Please note that the equivalent of three minutes of each submitted comment will be included the record.
Live telephonic comments may be made as follows:
- Members of the public wishing to make live comments over the phone must pre-register online through a Request to Speak Form at www.ormondbeach.org/requesttospeak.
- Once your request has been received, the City Clerk’s office will contact you to provide you with call-in information for the meeting.
- Each speaker will be allotted three minutes to provide comments on the agenda item they have requested to speak on.
- Please note that your phone number and/or name may appear onscreen when calling into the meeting.
Requests to speak forms need to be submitted before 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28, 2020.
For those without access to an electronic device such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer on which to view the meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 386-676-3225 for information on how to listen to the live meeting over the phone.