Food Trucks, Mobile Food, Carts, and Vendors
Food trucks, carts, and mobile food vendors are currently permitted within the City limits as of;
- Special events with a master host license in the Interlocal Service Boundary Area (ISBA) on North U.S. Highway 1.
- City or Mainstreet sponsored event on public property (Celtic festival, 4th of July fireworks).
- Large scale civic events on private property (such as Prince of Peace Oktoberfest, Calvary fireworks show).
- Malted beverage producers in the I-1 zoning district. Currently, the only malted beverage producer is the Ormond Brewery.
Mobile Food Vendor permits are valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
To apply as a new Mobile Food Vendor:
- Provide copy of current City of Ormond Beach Business Tax Receipt or Business Registration (see how to apply below).
- Completed Mobile Food Vendor Application along with the following documents;
- Copy of current State License from DBPR or Department of Agriculture.
- Certificate of Insurance, with general liability in the amount of $1,000,000 and listing the City of Ormond Beach as a certificate holder.
- Recent picture of the Food Truck.
- Vehicles with liquid propane gas systems must show written proof that within the last six months the L.P. system was inspected for leaks and approved by a contractor who is licensed to work on L.P. systems.
- Approved Fire Inspection by City Staff (must be renewed every 6 months).
Businesses whose principle location is within the City limits. (Renewed Annually)
- Commercial Business Tax Receipt Registration Application.
- Home-based Business Tax Receipt Application.
Outside the City Business Registration is required for businesses whose principle location is in another jurisdiction. (Renewed annually)
- A copy of the Business Tax Receipt from the local jurisdiction of the principle business is required.
For a complete list of building department forms and applications click this link.