News and Notices
The Development Report lists pertinent information for all on-going projects in the City of Ormond Beach and provides the status of each.
Posted October 1, 2018:
- Informal neighborhood meeting: There is an informal neighborhood meeting notice for the property at 101 Fiesta Drive that abuts the recently renovated Hamlin building at 801 West Granada Boulevard scheduled for October 9, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at 801 West Granada Boulevard. The property owner of the Hamlin building is seeking to construct a parking lot where a single-family residential house exists to serve the Hamlin building. In order to construct a parking lot to connect to the existing building, there are several steps that would be required. The project would need to amend the Comprehensive Plan land use designation and zoning designation for the property at 101 Fiesta Drive. Prior to any land use or zoning application, the applicant is hosting an informal neighborhood meeting (not required by the Land Development Code) to present the concept to property owner’s within 600’ of the property. The informal meeting process has been used on a couple of previous projects to introduce a development concept and gather resident’s comments prior to application. Any land use and zoning amendments would require a Planning Board review with public notice and City Commission action with public notice. If the land use and zoning amendment were approved, the parking lot would be reviewed and acted upon by the Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC). As part of the SPRC process, a neighborhood meeting with the submitted site plan is required.
- Marshside Village subdivision: The City Commission will act upon the application of Edward Speno, President of Edward James Corporation with the authorization of the property owners Enclave of Timber Creek LLC and Tymber Sky LLC, for a Planned Residential Development (PRD) amendment for the Marshside Village subdivision. The Planned Residential Development amendment seeks to allow 144 single-family lots on 84.14+ acres and associated subdivision improvements. The subject property is currently zoned as Planned Residential Development. The Marshside Village subdivision is located at the northwest intersection of Tymber Creek Road and Airport Road. First reading is scheduled for October 16, 2018 and if approved, the second reading would be November 5, 2018. The Planning Board recommended denial of the project by a 3-2 vote.
- Halifax 100: The City Commission will act upon the application of Ed Schwarz, Halifax 100, LLC, the property owner, for a Planned Residential Development amendment. The Planned Residential Development amendment seeks an architectural design change to the proposed buildings for the 12 unit residential development. The amendment does not propose any changes to the approved site improvements. The subject property is zoned as Planned Residential Development and is located at 100 North Halifax Drive. First reading is scheduled for October 16, 2018 and if approved, the second reading would be November 5, 2018. The Planning Board recommended approval of the project by a 4-0 vote.
- Grenier final plat: The City Commission will act upon an application seeking to subdivide one (1) 20+ acre tract into four (4) lots each five (5) acres in size at the southwest corner of Warden Trail and Leeway Trail. The subject property is zoned as REA (Rural Estate/Agricultural) and Section 2-09(B)(5) of the Land Development Code requires a minimum lot size of five (5) acres. The Durrance Acres area has no water or sewer service and the roads are privately maintained. First reading is scheduled for October 16, 2018 and if approved, the second reading would be November 5, 2018.
- Local Landmark List Code of Ordinance amendment: The City Commission will act upon an administrative request to amend the current fee schedule of Chapter 8, Building and Construction Regulations, Section 8-10 Application processing fees, subsection (5) Historic Preservation of the City’s Code of Ordinances to require an administrative fee in the amount of $600.00 to remove an historic landmark property from the Historic Landmarks List contained within Section 2-71 of the Land Development Code (LDC).
- October Planning Board: Based upon no applications for the Planning Board to review, the October Planning Board has been canceled.
- October Monthly Development Report: The October monthly development report is available at: https://www.ormondbeach.org/247/Development-Projects.
- 275 Interchange Blvd., Extended Stay America: The Site Plan Review Committee has received a submittal for a project that proposes a hotel with 124 rooms of 53,857 square feet at 275 Interchange Boulevard. The building is four stories in height. The project would require a Planned Business Development rezoning with a neighborhood meeting, Planning Board review, and City Commission action.
- Cypress Trails, final plat: The Site Plan Review Committee has received a submittal for the final plat for the Cypress Trails subdivision under construction for 48 single-family lots. The final plat would allow the recording of the plat, selling of lots and construction of houses after all subdivision improvements are completed.
- 221 Vining Court, Salty Church: The Site Plan Review Committee has received a submittal for a new 11,585 square foot building related to the Salty Church at 221 Vining Court and associated site improvements.