Planning & Building
News and Notices
Michael Woods, Esq., Cobb Cole Attorneys at Law, shall conduct a neighborhood meeting associated with a Planned Business Development for the property at 263 South Nova Road. The neighborhood meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at the Anderson-Price Memorial Building at 42 North Beach Street between 6:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. The Planned Business Development seeks to allow a climate controlled storage facility of 100,000+ square feet. The Planned Business Development application shall require Site Plan Review Committee (SPRC) review, the neighborhood meeting on the development project, Planning Board review and City Commission action for site development. Staff has included a site plan from the first SPRC submittal. The entire site plan submittal can be viewed at: https://fl-ormondbeach2.civicplus.com/247/Development-Projects.
- The Monthly Development Report has been updated and is available at: https://fl-ormondbeach2.civicplus.com/247/Development-Projects
- The November 14, 2019 Planning Board meeting has been canceled based upon a lack of agenda items.
- The Historic landmark Preservation Board will have a meeting at 4:00 PM on Monday, November 18, 2019, in the City Hall Training Room, 22 South Beach Street, Ormond Beach, Florida, to consider an administrative request for a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) to construct an addition on the existing carriage house at The Casements, located at 25 Riverside Drive. The Casements is listed on the City’s Local Historic Landmarks List and is also nationally designated.
- There are two application for the November 6, 2019 Board of Adjustment and Appeals:
- 926 South Beach Street: The property owner seeks to allow a paver driveway in the exact location as the existing driveway with a 0’ setback requiring a variance of 3’ to the required 3’ driveway setback standard.
- 807 Cordova Avenue: The property owner seeks to allow construction of a hard roof structure over an existing paver patio and a screen enclosure over an existing swimming pool requiring two variances to the side yard setbacks.
- The Courtyards at Ormond project representative shall conduct a neighborhood meeting associated with a Planned Business Development and Planned Residential application for the land at 135 and 145 North Yonge Street and 195 and 205 Highland Avenue. The neighborhood meeting is scheduled for Sunday, November 3, 2019 at the Ormond Beach Public Library at 30 South Beach Street between 3:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. The Planned Business Development and Planned Residential application seeks to allow forty-eight (48) multi-family residential units and 12,000 square feet of commercial uses. The Planned Business Development and Planned Residential application shall require Site Plan Review Committee review, the neighborhood meeting on the development project, Planning Board review and City Commission action for site development. The entire site plan submittal can be viewed at: https://fl-ormondbeach2.civicplus.com/247/Development-Projects.
The City’s Planning Division is responsible for current and long-range planning and development review.
The Development Report lists pertinent information for all on-going projects in the City of Ormond Beach and provides the status of each.
The Planning Board reviews and makes recommendations to the City Commission regarding all applications for Comprehensive Plan amendments, rezoning and Land Development Code text changes.
The City of Ormond Beach Mural Program was approved on April 2, 2019 by the City Commission in coordination with the Ormond Beach Arts District, Inc to bring murals to the downtown area.
The City's Building Division issues building permits, business tax receipts, and performs building inspections.
Please take a moment to complete our Customer Service Questionnaire.