Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge 2018 Event Partners and Sponsors:
Download the full list of Event Partners
(in alphabetical order)
BeBalanced Hormone Weight Loss Centers (Stella)
1185 W. Granada Boulevard, Suite 3, (386) 317-2549, Ormondbeach@bebalancedcenters.com
- $100 off any weight loss package. Be Slimmer, Be Happier, Be Energized, Be Balanced!
- 20% off two months natural hormone balancing.
- February 1, 10:30 a.m., City Hall Training Room, Seminar: Natural Hormone Balancing: How You Can Accomplish This
Bodez by Tasso (Tasso)
1140 W. Granada Boulevard, (386) 672-6464, www.bodezfitness.com
- We book appointments from 5:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday; 7 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Saturdays. We allow members to book a slot 30 days in advance as a recurring appointment. 24 hour notice is required for cancellation. We can handle three to four appointments per half hour.
Bodez Shapez (Deb)
1140 W. Granada Boulevard, (386) 672-6464
Bodez is committed to dramatically and positively affect our community's quality of life.
- $31 (plus tax) to join which covers: enrollment fee, card fee, and 1st month good until February 10, 2018 (savings of $279.00)!
- Challengers get use of Shapez, a woman-only area, Bodez Express and Bodez Coach.
Center for Health & Wellness at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center (Mayor's Team - Mallory)
301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, (386) 231-3415, https://www.floridahospital.com/memorial-medical-center/health-wellness-center
Show your ID card at the Wellness Center to register for the $10/month membership; gives you access to all equipment! This rate is good during the 2018 Challenge.
- Enjoy unlimited access to the group fitness activities
- Access to WELLBEATS virtual fitness classes
City of Ormond Beach
- Community Garden at Central Park I - Join other Challengers and grow your own herbs and vegetables in our very own plot! RSVP 676-3323, if you want to be a Challenge gardener! Available through December.
- Gardening 101, February 3, 11:00 a.m., Have fun while learning how to get the best garden green thumb!
- Walk with the Mayor - Join Mayor Partington for a one-hour trek. Walk the walk and talk the talk; bring questions, bring your kids, your neighbors, or your barista; wear supportive shoes and stay hydrated! Rain or shine, we're walking! January 27 & March 10 at The Casements, 25 Casements Drive; February 17 & April 7 at Environmental Discovery Center, 601 Division Avenue.
- Super Fun Gymnastics Obstacle Course! Oh, yes you can! Learn (or practice) fun gymnastics skills including running on mats, walking balance beams (a few inches from ground level), basic tumbling, swinging on the uneven bars and jumping on tumble track. Be sure to bring or wear shorts, leggings or yoga pants, and a t-shirt. We'll be in bare feet. Please, no jewelry and hair up (ponytail or braid) - February 10, March 10, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m., Nova Gymnastics Center, 432 N. Nova Road.
- Reel in the Fun - Youth Fishing Tournament on February 17, 8:00 a.m. check-in, 9:00 a.m. start at Central Park, 601 Fleming Avenue.
- Hiking and Backpacking: Be strong and healthy to see the world you can't drive to! You spend time in the gym to get strong and fit. Now what?? Take advantage of that work and dedication to see the world from spots you can only walk; eat healthy when away from a kitchen for a week or more! - March 15, 10:30 a.m., Barbara Prosch
- Hike through the Central Parks Color Walk. Join Mayor Partington for a wonderful walk. He and the YMCA will lead Challengers to fitness stations, through color stations, and to lookout stands (all about wildlife in the parks)! There will be bottles of water along the hike; you'll get to see all the growth at the Community Garden and all the great goings-on at the Environmental Discovery Center! Wear comfortable shoes and plan on the hike taking about 90 minutes. Youth challengers competing the hike can earn several colorful treasures! - 12:00 p.m., February 25, beginning/ending in Central Park I, 601 Fleming Avenue.
Elite Therapeutics Body & Skin Care (Denise)
(386) 256-4742, firstname.lastname@example.org
These special services will compliment YOUR challenge:
- Infrared Detoxifying Body Wrap $85 (regularly $140)
- Freshen Up Facial $35 (35 minutes)
- Two complimentary ElectroBodySculpting Sessions ($25 off any additional sessions)
Florida Health Care Plans (Mayor's Team - Bissy/Karen/Catherine)
(386) 676-7100, www.fhcp.com
- Wellness News and Notes
- Initial and Final biometrics
Front Porch Pickings (Jan/Amie)
(386) 753-4565, www.frontporchpickings.com
The farmer's market delivered to your porch!
- With a passion for supporting our local farms and dedication to healthy foods, we provide farm boxes filled with Florida produce and artisan goods. You select the produce you want to keep in your basket, add local artisan goods like local meat, cheese, coffee, breads, jams and more - then we deliver the box to your front porch! Our customers have the flexibility to fully customize each and every order!
- Use coupon code OBMC2018 to receive Free Membership and $10 off your 1st Order!
Gold's Gym (Ryan)
333 W. Granada Boulevard, (386) 673-3333, www.goldsgym.com/ormondbeachfl
- Personal training with Martin - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1 p.m.
- All access to equipment and classes during Challenge; REGISTER with Ryan (or Pete) at the gym. You'll receive a key fob AND a Gold's Gym t-shirt!
- 3 day pass for a friend!
Granada Squares, Denim & Lace Dance Club (Pam)
351 Andrews Street, www.granadasquaresdenimandlace.com
- Free Introduction to Square Dance, January 24 - February 28, every Tuesday night 6:00-7:00 p.m. Good for Challengers of all ages!
- Get Healthy! Get Happy! Get Square Dancing!
Halifax Health Primary Care (Mayor's Team / Sponsor of 1st Place % Weight Loss Award (Rafael))
1688 W. Granada Boulevard, Suite 2A, (386) 425-4463, www.halifaxhealth.org
- "Nutrition 101" - Healthy Living Center in the Ormond Beach YMCA, January 30, at 6:00 p.m.!
- "Diabetes Prevention" - tour of new office and Q&A session, 1688 W. Granada Blvd, February 8, at 10:30 a.m.!
Hot House Yoga (Bromley)
1400 Hand Avenue N, 386-676-0572, www.hothouseyogaob.com
Learn the essentials of yoga including breathing, basic alignment principles and yoga poses.
- January 27, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., FREE Introduction to Yoga Workshop
- Free beginner yoga class every Tuesday at 5:15 p.m. during Challenge
- 30 days of unlimited yoga for $50 (specials end on April 14)
440 N. Nova Road, (386) 451-8753, www.jazzercise.com
- Information forthcoming
Jody Brown, Personal Trainer
175 N. Yonge Street, (386) 281-5412, sessions at the Body Exchange
- Monday 12:00 p.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Free class available on Monday at 9:15 a.m., Gentle Yoga
- Buy a 10-class card for $80 (MUST be purchased in the studio NOT online, expires three months from the date of purchase).
NBalance Holistic Wellness Day Spa (Joy)
73 W. Granada Boulevard, (386) 882-4671, www.nbalanceholisticspa.com
- 1 complimentary Infrared Sauna session (regular $15)
- 50% off Ionic Detox Foot Bath
- 50% off Detox Slimming Wrap - Slim N Trim Infrared Body Wrap
- 50% off GX Lymphatic & Cellulite Reducing session, $42.50 (regular $85)
- 50% off private yoga sessions, $32.50 (regular $65)
- New Year Community Appreciation Event - January 22, 4:30-7pm! Enjoy demonstrations of all transformation services and meet members of the staff
- "Holistic Nutrition & Holistic Weight Loss Coaching" - City Hall Training Room (22 S. Beach St., Room 101), March 1 at 10:30 a.m.!
New Journey Chiropractic (Dr. Jayme Frear)
292 N. Nova Road, (386) 236-8085, www.newjourneychiropractic.com
Our mission is to educate and empower people of all ages to take action steps towards developing and maintaining health. We work to provide the community with valuable resources to understand the true meaning of being healthy and achieving their full potential.
- 60% off the 1st visit which would include Exam, Consultation, and X-rays if warranted for $52 (normal fee is $130)
- "What is Health" - City Hall Training Room, January 25 at 10:30 a.m.
Nick DeFrancisco, Personal Trainer
175 N. Yonge Street, (386) 690-3879, sessions at the Body Exchange
- Monday 1:30 p.m., Tuesday 1:15 p.m., and Thursday 1:45 p.m.
Ormond Lanes (Gary)
260 North US Hwy 1, (386) 672-2014, www.ormondlanes.com
- Every Sunday during the Challenge, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., enjoy free bowling; be sure to show your Challenger ID. Shoe rental is $3.50/pair
Quanita's Fitness (Quanita)
(386) 235-7902, www.quanitawc.ptenhance.com
Be part of our community's fitness movement! All sessions are at The Casements, 25 Casements Drive.
- January 24, January 31, 5:30pm, Zumba Basics...then at 6 p.m. step it up!
- February 7, 5:30 p.m., Kickboxing for Beginners...then at 6 p.m. ZBox Fitness (taking it to the next level)!
- February 14, 5:30 p.m., Line Dancing Fitness. Bring your own two pound weights.
- February 21, 5:30 p.m., Ballroom Basics (no partner needed)!
- February 28, 5:30 p.m., Freestyle Fitness!
- 21-Day Challenge; look for super fun, you-got-this, one-minute fitness activities! Dates TBD.
REFIT Dance Fitness (Joni)
200 E. Granada Boulevard
- Fitness for everybody and Every Body! Combines cardio dance movements and toning for a total body workout that feels like a party! Monday, 6:45 p.m.
- $10 race entry for the Tomoka Marathon 5K on March 24
Skate and Shake (Cheryl)
250 North US Hwy 1, (386) 672-8500, www.skateandshake.net
- Free admission EVERY Saturday, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. MUST show your Challenger ID card. Skate rental is $2 or bring your own.
Skyactive Strength Studio (Phaedra)
187 S. Yonge Street, (386) 947-7642, www.StrengthSpeaks.com
Our primary vision is to make you successful and independent in your ability to implement your personal health program. From diet, cardio training, strength training, stress reduction, and balance, we want you to become aware of your body and its ability to change and grow.
- Free access to equipment, Monday through Friday, 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- $100 for 24/7 access to equipment through April 14; register at the studio to get the key code.
- Personal training; Three trainers, including Pilates coach. Available by request.
- Stay tuned for classes! We are working on a few fun things for Challengers!
Slate Gray, Personal Trainer
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
Snow Leopard Kung Fu & Tai Chi (Damian)
142 E. Granada Boulevard, (386) 256-5847, www.SnowLeopardKungFu.com
- Tai chi focuses on fluid movements; each class begins with a warm-up and includes a variety of flexibility/range of motion exercises and typically ends with a brief meditation.
- Monday and Wednesday at 12:00 p.m.; Wednesday at 6:15 p.m.
Tomoka Outpost (Captain Scott)
Tomoka State Park, (386) 673-0022, www.tomokaoutpost.com
Join Captain Scott for fun and memorable outdoor events. Have a little adventure during your Challenge journey!
- "How to Fish the Tomoka" March 17, 10:30 a.m. (RSVP by March 15); and
- "Guided Kayak Tour of the Tomoka" March 24, 10:00 a.m. (RSVP by March 22). Bring your own kayak or reserve one by calling the Outpost!
YMCA (Mayor's Team - Ricardo or Raquel)
500 Sterthaus Drive, (386) 673-9622, www.vfymca.org/branch/ormondbeach
- Health Living Center presents: "Nutrition 101" on January 30, 6:00 p.m.
- Co-leader of the Hike through the Central Parks Color Walk. Join Mayor Partington for a wonderful walk. He and the YMCA will lead Challengers to fitness stations, through color stations, and to lookout stands (all about wildlife in the parks)! There will be bottles of water along the hike; you'll get to see all the growth at the Community Garden and all the great goings-on at the Environmental Discovery Center! Wear comfortable shoes and plan on the hike taking about 90 minutes. Youth challengers competing the hike can earn several colorful treasures! - 12:00 p.m., February 25, beginning/ending in Central Park I, 601 Fleming Avenue.
- Master Swim class, every Saturday at 8:00 a.m.
- Personal Training: Challengers may request a trainer at any time for a half hour session, up to three times each week during the Challenge. See a staff member at the front desk to request. Your trainer must sign your Fitness Log for each session.
- Host of the Physical Fitness Challenge on April 14. Ten station 'friendly competition'! Challengers will compete in one-minute intervals to complete the greatest number of repetitions of a given exercise. Each station will have a winner and the event will have an overall winner. Stations TBD! Stay tuned.
Other Special Activities:
- Tomoka 1/2 Marathon 'scholarships' (more information forthcoming)
- Daytona Tortugas will host Ormond Beach night at the ballpark on April 13. All Challengers will walk in a 'parade' around the warning track and many achievements will be recognized before Mayor Partington throws out the first pitch of the game at 7:05 p.m.! Game tickets for Challengers are FREE and meal vouchers are discounted for Challengers! Cost is $5 for a food voucher (pizza or hot dog, chips & soda). Use the form in your registration packet. www.daytonatortugas.com
- Wearable Fitness Devices may be purchased at a significantly discounted price for Challengers!
- Step 1: Go to www.thewellnessoutlet.com
- Step 2: Create an account using the code ORMOND16TWO as your group code.
- Step 3: Login to your account to see the discounts (if the Garmin Vivioki device is not at the price point of $29.99 you are not logged in) &
- Step 4: Purchase your devices! They are shipped (FREE) directly to your home
- Physical Fitness Challenge on April 14 (10 stations - it's a super fun competition for Challengers; men's and women's divisions, incentive $ to achieve the best station and best overall score!) 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. at the Ormond Beach YMCA.
- Practice sessions will be scheduled TBA. Get coaching and help with your technique! See your progress!