Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge 2015 Event Partners and Sponsors
|-Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
||-Florida Health Care Plans
|-Yarbrough Wealth Management
at Merrill Lynch
|-Florida Hospital Memorial Medical
|-Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc.||-Ormond Main Street|
|-River Grille||-Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce|
|-Holland Financial||-Little Blog Dress Media|
|-Brown & Brown of Florida, Inc.|
|-Halifax Health Systems|
|-City of Ormond Beach|
(in alphabetical order)
(386) 846-6197 www.beautymommy.com
- Style Dial Consultation: Body Type Analysis including a shopping cheat sheet, $25
- Shopping field trip: A 2 hour shopping service where I pre-shop, stock the dressing room, and shop for items that fit your lifestyle, body type and budget $145
- Closet Consultations: Go shopping in your own closet. We will weed out the pieces that no longer work, and put together great new looks using the items you already have. $145/ 2 hours
1140 W. Granada Blvd., (386) 672-6464, www.bodezfitness.com
- Bodez is unique, offering 3 tiers of service to adult members: independent exercise, supervised exercise, and 1-1 personalized
- Body Composition Assessment at January 3 Kick-Off
- Tune in to the Radio show
- Opportunity to enroll on 'Bodez Healthy Melt Down Challenge' and
- Seminars (TBA) with a fun walk!
- NEW! Fitness on Demand every Thursday & Saturday: chose from 122 different classes led by the best instructors in the country!
- View Mayor's Health & Fitness Challenge Lifestyle Academy and "Your Metabolism Makeover" session flyers.
- February 14th, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Moving for the Health of It: "Service Saturday" Strength recovery yoga, fun walk, supreme stretch, boogie back again with Richard Simmons, Awesome Abs and Bikini Body
- February 21st, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - "Service Saturday" Program TBD
- Lifestyle Academy & Metabolism Makeover - March 22-25, Casey Conrad, noted fitness author, will be doing personal biofeedback sessions and giving presentations on "Vibrant Health Now" bring her Quantum Infinity System, which uses electronic fields of a person's body to discover imbalances. A 45 minute session costs Challengers $25 (normally $75) View Casey Conrad and Lifestyle Academy Schedule
- 3 month Bodez Coach supervised exercise program for $99 (a $399 value) and Be Fit QUICKSTART Fitness Program for $199 (a $619 value)
- Deb Cheslow is a former Air Force pilot, a 3rd degree black belt in karate, and a peak performance and achievement expert who works with individuals, teams, and companies across the nation, equipping them with the systems and tools they need to achieve the results they want. Famous for the question "Where would you be if every time you said 'I should...' you actually DID?" Deb guides you on a path to take your health and fitness challenge results supersonic!
- January 10, 2015, 9:00 a.m., in the City Commission Chambers, City Hall, 22 S. Beach Street., Deb Cheslow is one of America's most innovative and sought-after achievement experts. In fact, she is known as America's Achievement Expert. She is famous for creating transformations in people's lives. Deb truly helps people achieve their greatest potential and live life on their own terms... Deb shows us how to push aside all the reasons, excuses and limitations that keep us stuck, and shares her breakthrough strategies for living an incredibly remarkable life! You want to be a part of Deb Cheslow's presentation; Be sure to make time for:
- The #1 thing that holds most people back from overwhelming breakthrough success with their health and wellness goals;
- What's blocking your vision and keeping your health and wellness stuck AND how to create remarkable success, regardless of what's happening around you; and
- A 4-step system to create a crystal clear roadmap that will give you the confidence you need to keep progressing in your health and fitness journey day after day, month after month, year after year
- Go to www.debcheslow.com/OrmondMHFC for YOUR Success System Video
- An Achievement Planner/Dream Machine will be given away to one challenger ($35 value) - get your name in the drawing by registering for the video series by February 13th. (Register)
120 N Nova Road, (386) 677-8446
- Body Basics toning in the circuit classes Monday - Friday @ 10 a.m.
- Jillian Michaels workout in the circuit Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and Tuesday & Thursday @ 4:00 p.m.
- You may purchase a Complete 3-Month Membership (fitness/exercise, meal plan & coaching) for $234 + tax!
- Non-members may Zumba for $5, Monday @ 12:15 p.m. Wednesday at 5:30 & 6:00 p.m., Saturday @ 7:30 & 8:00 a.m.!
- Special weekly seminars in January; TBA
136 N. Orchard Street, #7, (386) 256-4742, www.elitetherapeutic.com
- First 2 ElectroBody Sculpting Treatment are complimentary & then $25 off any other session
- Infrared Body Wrap for $85 (Reg $140)
- Freshen-up Facial 35 minutes for $35
- One-hour Massage $50 (Reg $60) and
- Package discounts available!
1 Old Kings Road, (386) 236-9956, www.evolutionhealthclubormond.com
- One week free all-access to gym, racquetball, 30-minute training session (once during Challenge) & cafe (use your card during any one-week period during the Challenge);
- $45 for unlimited access to everything (cardio, weights, spin, racquetball & lots more) during the Challenge (sign-up/pay at Evolution)
- 50% off personal training rates (1-hour)
- Lunch & Learn on January 23, 2015 at 12:00 p.m., "Meal Preparation with Ryan & Exercise Basics with Josh"
- Nationally Certified Personal Trainers & Nutritionist
- 30-minute personal training session, $15
- 45-minute personal training session, $22
- 60-minute personal training session, $29
- Challenger chooses the location: a park, Beach Street Gym (fee) or your home
301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, (386) 231-2229
Attend a series of education sessions:
- January 21, 2015, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., "What's on your Plate?" with Teresa Terry, R.D., L.D.
- February 18, 2015, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Ormond Beach YMCA (500 Sterthaus Drive), "Cardiovascular Discussion", Dr. Uptal Desai, Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeon
- March 11, 2015, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., "Fitness is Not a Fad", Melissa Barclay, PT
- RSVP at (386) 231-2229 at least the day prior to each session
- Blood pressure checks before AND after each seminar!
123 W. Granada Blvd., (386) 615-4888, www.frappesnorth.com
- Cooking with Chef Bobby on Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. Learn to cook the food you love to eat!
(386) 753-4565, www.frontporchpickings.com
- Cooking demonstration/food preparation with your favorite seasonal fruits and veggies in the Casements kitchen, February 28, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Use coupon code OBMC2015 to receive $25 off your 1st order!
- Smoothie Kits - no membership fee & coupon code "OBSmoothie" for orders in February! $43 value for $18
- Call 386-492-2928 to sign up for a free lesson in January
- Series of 5 group lessons offered to beginners or those who play already for $50
- All equipment provided
- Lessons will be held at the trails racquet club, 300 Main Trail in Ormond Beach
- Studies show tennis will help you stay healthy!
333 W. Granada Blvd., (386) 677-4949, www.goldsgym.com/ormondbeachfl
- Health Assessment, nutritional consultations, health seminars and group exercise classes 3-month membership discounted rate and 1 special class each month (TBA) just for Challengers!
- Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Golds Gym, "TAG Elite Personal Training & Nutrition Seminar" Explore the foundation of nutrition, weight loss and healthy aging! Get a sneak peek of MY24 Detox Program. RSVPhttp://my24nutrition.eventbrite.com
351 Andrews Street, www.granadasquaredenimandlace.com
- Free Basic Mainstream Square Dancing and Line Dancing lessons every Tuesday night from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Enjoy learning various participation dance styles. January 6 - March 24, 2015.
303 N Clyde Morris Blvd., (386) 254-4000, www.halifaxhealth.org
Attend a series of education sessions:
- January 29, 2015, 11:00 a.m., "Healthy Eating" at the Farmer's Market (City Hall plaza)
- February 21, 2015, 12:00 p.m., "Vitamins & Supplements: Just the Facts" at Bailey River Bridge Gardens
- March 5, 2015, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., "Physical & Cardiovascular Fitness for Long Term Health" in the Casements classroom
- Individual or small team training; we'll work together on your wellness journey and train either on the beach or the park close to your home!
- Rates: 1 person: $20 for 30-minute session, 2 people: $15/person for 30-minute session, 3-5 people: $10/person for 30-minute session
440 N Nova Rd, (386) 451-8753, www.jazzercise.com
- Burn up to 600 calories in one fun and powerfully effective 60-minute total body workout
- We are here to help you reach your fitness goals in 2015!
- Our hot new formats - Fusion, Core, Strike & Strength 45
- UNLIMITED Jazzercise for $35/month OR 90 days for $90!
- New 35-Day Challenge ($40 if you don't purchase monthly or 90-day package)
- Free class January 10, February 7, and March 7 at 9:00 a.m.
- Personal Training: 2 hours for $60
- Classes offered Monday - Saturday at 9:00 a.m., Wednesday & Thursday 5:45 p.m.
30 S Atlantic Avenue, (386) 673-2641, www.lulusoceansidegrill.com
- LuLu's is scheduling an Amazing Appetizer cooking demonstration in January, Magnificent Main Dish in February, and Delicious Dessert in March (details forthcoming / keep an eye on the website and your email)
- We'll also have a special Challenger Night at the LuLu's 5K Fun Run/Walk!
- And there's more... Show your Challenger ID card for 10% off your meal (during the Challenge!)
203 S Yonge Street, (386) 290-9464, www.miadonamarket.com
- Cooking classes and Mayor's Meal Deal are 'In the Works'!
38 E Granada Blvd, (386) 275-1870, www.ormondbeachtennis.org
- Open tennis every Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Loaner racquets available
- Buy One Lesson Get One 50% in January; Rates $50/hour from the Director & $48/hour for the Head Pro!
440 N Nova Rd, (386) 676-3252, www.ormondbeach.org
- Open play pickleball with loaner rackets and balls, every Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
823 N US 1, (386) 366-2842, www.platinumormond.com
- Small Team Training, 4-5 people for 1 hour $60
- Unlimited yoga during the Challenge $49
- 21-day Yoga Challenge $25
- Free pair of yoga pants or top from the boutique with the purchase of a full price class card!
- Certified Fitness Professionals
180 S Yonge Street, (386) 676-0009, www.ormondbeachbootcamps.com
- Zumba Gold every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Beach Body Sculpt every Thursday at 4:45 p.m.
- Unlimited Ultimate Bootcamp for $55/month
- Unlimited Cardio classes for $27.95/month
- Team Training discount, 4-5 people, 30-minute sessions are $15/person, 1-hour sessions are $10/person
950 N US 1, (386) 615-2004, www.rivergrille.net
- Salsa Night with Ray! Meet us on the back patio and learn how to make a variety of healthy salsas to enjoy with your favorite healthy chips while listening to live salsa music! Want more? Learn to Salsa dance with a zesty instructor!
(407) 314-8583, www.runnershighracing.com and www.lylwraceseries.com
- January 17, 2015, Learn how to enjoy running! Yes, it's possible. Offering an introduction to running training session + 'Couch to 5K' information.
- Advice and coaching for new runners
- Discounted race entries for multiple local events and the Tomoka Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, and 5K (5K registration is $10 for Challengers and family members should use Code "CHALLENGE" for a 20% discount) on March 29.
1 N Beach Street (Bailey River Bridge Gardens), www.seasideherbsociety.com
- February 21, 2015, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Cultivating and propagating an herb garden. Learn what to grow and how to grow then take your herb project home!
362 W Granada Boulevard, (386) 672-3222, www.thaiwoodhouse.com
- Learn how to cook your favorite thai dishes! First cooking class is January 18, 2015 at 1:00 p.m.
- Enjoy a 10% discount on every menu choice - Mayor's Meal Deal!
440 N Nova Rd (Gymnastics Center), (386) 586-3268, www.vertifit.com
- Aerial athletics to increase strength, flexibility, muscle tone and reactivate the circulatory & respiratory systems. Try something new! Have fun with aerial yoga, learn the beauty of silks and lyra - impress your friends and yourself!
- Classes are $18.50 (30% discount)
- Small team training, 4 to 5 people for 1-hour $20/person
- Personal training: 1 hours for $45
- See website for class times
500 Sterhaus Drive, (386) 673-9622, www.vfymca.org/branch/ormond_beach
- One week free all-access to weights, classes & pool (use your card during any one-week period during the Challenge)
- $45 for unlimited access to everything at the Ormond Beach "Y" during the Challenge
- Weekly weigh-ins!
- Nationally Certified Personal Trainers