- Election Information Center
- Qualifying Information
Candidates for the City Commission must be registered voters and must have continuously resided within the city limits of the City of Ormond Beach for at least one (1) year immediately prior to qualifying. Any candidate for City Commissioner must reside in the zone in which they are seeking office for a period of not less than thirty (30) days prior to qualifying.
The 2022 Candidate Packet is available in the City Clerk's office. Please contact the office at (386) 676-3331 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If more than two candidates qualify for one seat, a primary election will be held on August 23, 2022. The General Election will be November 8, 2022.
Questions regarding the election process should be directed to the City Clerk's office (386) 676-3331, email@example.com. The Volusia County Supervisor of Elections, Lisa Lewis is also a valuable resource in this process. The Supervisory of Elections phone number is (386) 736-5930
- When is the qualifying period?
The candidate qualifying period for the 2022 election will be noon, June 13 through noon, June 17, 2022. During the qualifying period, certain forms and information must be filed with the City's qualifying officer. It is recommended that interested individuals call in advance and set up a time to meet with city staff to obtain candidate materials, as well as filing the necessary forms.
- Who is the qualifying officer?
The City’s Qualifying Officer is the City Clerk. Contact information for the City Clerk:
Susan Carroll Dauderis
22 South Beach Street, Ormond Beach, FL 32174
- Can I announce my candidacy prior to the qualifying period?
Yes. Preliminary Candidacy for the 2022 election requires the following be completed.
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository for Candidates (Form DS-DE 9). This form must be completed and filed with the City Clerk before opening a campaign account and accepting contributions and/or expending funds tied to a campaign account for public office.
- Statement of Candidate (Form DS-DE 84)
- Acknowledgement for Electronic Filing of Campaign Finance Report (form is specific to Ormond Beach)
Please contact the City Clerk's office for more information if you are interested in pre-qualifying.
- How is campaign reporting handled?
Beginning with the 2020 election, the City of Ormond Beach participates in the Volusia County Supervisor of Elections electronic campaign reporting system. Reports for 2020 until current are located on the Supervisor of Election's website. For the reporting dates, please click here.
For reports prior to 2020, please contact the City Clerk's Office.