Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge 2016 Event Partners and Sponsors:
(in alphabetical order)
Cheslow Achievement Group
Deb Cheslow is a former Air Force pilot, a 3rd degree black belt in karate, and a peak performance and achievement export who works with individuals, teams, and companies across the nation, equipping them with the systems and tools they need to achieve the results they want. Famous for the question, "where would you be if every time you said 'I should...' you actually DID?", Deb guides you on a path to take your health and fitness challenge results supersonic!
- January 23, 9:00 a.m., City Commission Chambers, 22 S. Beach Street: Deb Cheslow is one of America's most innovative and sought-after achievement experts. In fact, she is known as America's Achievement Expert. She is famous for creating exponential transformations in people's lives. Deb shows us how to push aside all the reasons, excuses and limitations that keep us stuck, and shares her breakthrough strategies for living an incredibly remarkable life! You want to be a part of Deb Cheslow's presentation; Be sure to make time for:
- The #1 thing that holds most people back from overwhelming breakthrough success with their health and wellness goals;
- What's blocking your vision and keeping your health and wellness stuck AND how to create remarkable success, regardless of what's happening around you; and
- A 4-step system to create a crystal clear roadmap that will give you the confidence you need to keep progressing in your health and fitness journey day after day, month after month, and year after year.
Curves (female Challengers ONLY)
120 N Nova Road, (386) 677-8446
Elite Therapeutics and Spa
These amazing specials will compliment YOUR challenge:
- Infrared Detoxifying Body Wrap $85 (regularly $140)
- Freshen Up Facial $35 (35 minutes)
- One-hour Massage $50 (regularly $60)
- Two complimentary ElectroBodySculting Sessions ($25 off any additional sessions)
Evolution Health Club (Pat, Ryan or Josh)
1 Old Kings Road, (386) 236-9956, www.evolutionhealthclubormond.com
- One week free all-access to fitness center, racquetball & core bar (use your card during any one-week period during the Challenge)
- Open House: January 16, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Take a tour of the facility; find out if this is the place for your wellness journey! Kids enjoy Bounce House and Rock Wall!
- Personal Training with Joette: every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Evolution has donated all the items for the Silent Auction! The benefactor is Building Remarkable Communities! Learn what you can do to support their mission: www.remarkablecommunities.com
- Nationally certified personal trainers & nutritionist
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center (Mayor's Team, Shannon/Kate)
- Speaker for the Seaside Herb Society seminar on January 16
- Use the Food & Fitness Journal as a part of your system to success!
- Reference the Portion-Size Guide, too!
Frappes Italian Grille (Bobby/Meryl)
- Cooking with Chef Bobby, January 20 at 5:30 p.m.! This is sure to be a very delicious evening!
Front Porch Pickings (Jan/Nicole)
- Use coupon code OBMC2016 to receive Free Membership and $10 off your 1st Order!
Granada Squares, Denim & Lace Dance Club (Pam)
- Free Introduction to Square Dance, January 12 - February 16, every Tuesday night 6-7 p.m.
Get Healthy! Get Happy! Get Square Dancing!
Halifax Health (Mayor's Team)
- Attend a series of education sessions at the Healthy Living Center in the Ormond Beach YMCA!
Harrison White, CPT, Personal Trainer
Individual or small team training; we'll work together on your wellness journey and train either on the beach or at the park close to your home!
440 N Nova Road, (386) 451-8753, www.jazzercise.com
- 1 - 3 persons: $20 for 30-minute session
- 4 - 5 people: $25 for 30-minute session
JOY Fitness (Heather)
ACE Personal Trainer, ACE Sports Conditioning Specialist, ITCA Certified Triathlon Coach, (386) 481-8225,
- Free classes: February 6 and March 5 at 9:00 a.m.!
- $30/month or $75/3 months
- Personal Training: Tuesday 10:00 a.m., Wednesday 5:15 p.m., and Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 1/2 hour session $15
Kale Cafe Juice Bar & Vegan Cuisine (Camille)
- Personal training: Tuesdays 6-7 p.m., Thursdays 5:15-6 p.m., at the Casements
- Open House: January 12, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at DME Benefitness (2441 Bellevue Ave Ext-behind airport, Daytona Beach, 32114) RSVP at (386) 481-8225
- 30-minute personal training sessions, $20
48 E Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach and 116 North Beach Street, Daytona Beach, (3860 944-9615
Discover the great taste and endless health benefits from drinking your fruits and veggies.
- Smoothie/Juice making classes are: January 16 (Daytona), February 20 (Ormond), and March 19 (Daytona) at 10:30 a.m.
Following each class is a 25-30 minute brisk walk for interested Challengers!
Spend time with Chef Carlos at the new location for healthy alternatives to American classic cuisine with a bistro flair!
- Cooking demonstration on March 5, 4-5 p.m. Be one of the first to celebrate the arrival of new tapas! RSVP at (386) 676-5181
Living Waters Health Food Store
For more than 20 years, we have dedicated our store to helping our customers feel their best.
- Take your $3 coupon to enjoy vitamins, herbs, organic groceries, etc.
- January 29, 2:00 p.m., "Probiotics - Key to Good Digestion and Immune Health"
- February 26, 2:00 p.m., "Pain/Inflammation - Key to Good Health is to Get the Inflammation Down"
- March 31, 2:00 p.m., "Smoothies & Juicing" Meet our special Angel to hear all about this.
Lotus Yoga & Fitness (Debbie)
28 West Granada Boulevard, (386) 333-9527, www.lotusyogaormond.com,
Meal Prep ToGo
Learn how to plan your nutrition success and stay on track! A local healthy and flavorful meal prep service brought to you by the owners of Crabby Chris' Beachside Barbecue, delivered daily to your doorstep!
- Free classes available on Monday at 9:15 a.m. and Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
- $80/month for unlimited yoga; ending March 31st
- Demonstrations are at 10:30 a.m. at the Casements: January 23, February 13, and March 5. RSVP at 407-708-8631.
Ormond Beach Tennis Center
38 E Granada Boulevard, (3860 275-1870, www.ormondbeachtennis.org
Revive Fitness and Lifesytle Management
- Half off court fees ($10/person down to just $5/person)
- Rent 1/2 hour ball machine receive 1/2 hour free ($10.00/half hour)
- Free court time on Friday's 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Try Tennis Clinic Monday's 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., only $8.00 for Challenge participants
- Free hitting wall
180 S Yonge Street, (386) 676-0009, www.ormondbeachbootcamps.com
Runner's High Timing and Race Management
- Unlimited Ultimate Bootcamp for $55/month
- Team Training discount, 4-5 people, 30-minute sessions are $10/person, 1-hour sessions are $15/person!
(407) 314-8583, www.runnershighracing.com
- February 3, 6:00 p.m., at YMCA; and February 20, 9:30 a.m. at the Casements: Learn how to enjoy running! Yes, it's possible. Offering an introduction to running training session + 'Couch to 5K' information. Advice & coaching for new runners and experienced trotters.
- Discounted race entries for multiple local events including the Tomoka Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K.
Seaside Herb Society (Pam)
1 N. Beach Street (Bailey Riverbridge Gardens), www.seasideherbsociety.com
- Gluten-Free Eating: Nutrition Information! Join Seaside Herb Society and Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center on January 16, 10 - 11:15 a.m. at Bailey's Riverbridge Gardens Meeting House!
Handcrafted, kid-owned, all-natural popsicles, www.getschmancy.com
- 20% discount on popsicles at Farmer's Market (every Thursday at City Hall Plaza, when weather is agreeable >70°F) Must show your Challenger ID Card.
- 20% of sales at Wrap-Up of Challenge/Physical Fitness Challenges - goes to benefit Building Remarkable Communities
The Body Exchange
175 N Yonge Street, (386) 679-7446
At the Body Exchange, we have a staff of trainers dedicated solely to one-on-one training. No matter your fitness goals, we will design a program based on proper nutrition and exercise to ensure you meet them.
- Activities open to Challengers will be announced in the Monday email, posted on Facebook and on the City's webpage! Stay tuned!
Tomoka Outpost (Captain Scott)
Tomoka State Park, (386) 673-0022
Join Captain Scott for a guided tour of the Tomoka Basin from a single or double kayak (bring your own or reserve by calling the Outpost)
- One free week (use your card during any one-week period during the Challenge)
- Personal Training - Jim: Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m., Chip: Monday and Wednesday 6:00 p.m., Edith: Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 p.m.
- January 31, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (RSVP by the 29th) and March 20, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (RSVP by the 18th). RSVP at (386) 673-0022.
WE are Yoga
138 West Granada Boulevard, (386) 677-9642
YMCA (Mayor's Team)
500 Sterthaus Drive, (386) 673-9622, www.vfymca.org/locations/ormond-beach-family-ymca/
- One week free all-access to weights, classes & pool (use your card during any one-week period during the Challenge)
- $45 for unlimited access to everything at the Ormond Beach Y during the Challenge (for Challengers who ARE NOT currently members)
- NEW!! Healthy Living Center presents "Importance of Warming-up/Cooling Down & Hydration" on January 21 at 5:30 p.m. with Deia Davis, "Injury Prevention Tips" on February 18 at 5:30 p.m. with Dr. Matthew Murray, Orthopedics, and "Appropriate Nutrition for Exercising" on March 10 at 5:30 p.m. with Stacey Scarbis, Registered Dietician.
- Personal Training: Sarah, Tuesday 9:30 a.m. (gym) and Thursday 4:30 p.m. (Group Studio)
- Nationally Certified Personal Trainers