The 2014 City of Ormond Beach Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge has ended!
The 2014 Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge ran from January 4, 2014 to March 27, 2014.
Challenge Winners were announced at the Mayor's Medals & Awards Ceremony on April 12, 2014 and at the City Commission Meeting on May 6, 2014.
View Events and Activities Calendar page
and View Challenge Award Winners
Included in the challenge:
**New This Year**
- Beginning and ending biometrics (BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose) - Sponsored by Florida Health Care Plans
- 3-months free access* to YMCA Ormond Beach (*all equipment, classes & pool at YMCA Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday)
- A calendar filled with a variety of free classes at participating local fitness centers
- Special menu items at participating local restaurants, plus challenger-only discounts
- Free cooking/meal preparation sessions (followed by 'eating meeting')
- Access to newsletters, helpful hints, recipes, and important things-to-know
- Exclusive membership rates to participating fitness centers
- Local Fitness Center Partnerships
- Health coaching, and, of course, a great T-shirt and a goodie bag!
Choose Your Challenge:
- Training Track: 12-week comprehensive fitness/nutrition/education formula to prepare you for the Physical Fitness Challenge competition (on March 29)
- Traditional Challenge: Select the coaching, fitness & nutrition opportunities you want from the Challenge calendar
Follow the Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge on Facebook!
For more information contact Christina Maguire, Risk Manager, at 386-676-3323.
Missed last year's Challenge? View the 2013 Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge webpage, photos, and winners and awards.