Mayor's Health & Fitness Challenge
The 2013 City of Ormond Beach Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge has ended!
The 2013 Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge
ran from January 6, 2013 to April 6, 2013. Mayor's Medals & Awards was held on April 27 in Rockefeller Gardens from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. 1st Place Winners were invited to receive their prize on May 7 at 7:00 p.m. at the City Commission Meeting. View 2013 events
. View the 2013 winners and awards
- 383 = Total number of pounds lost
- 238 = pounds lost by Top 10 Challengers who lost weight
- 16+ = Number of Bags of clothing items donated to Family Renew Community (FRC)
- 350 = dollars raised for FRC at Lulu’s Fun Run/Walk!!
- 50 = Number of Challengers to complete their final biometric measurements
- 6 = Challengers competing in the first ever Physical Fitness Challenge
- 27 = day in April for the Mayor’s Medals & Awards (9-10 a.m. in Rockefeller Gardens)
- 7 = date in May for the 1st Place Winners to receive their prize (7 p.m. during City Commission meeting)
- :) = how the Mayor’s Team feels about your participation in this event!
- View challenge winners and awards!
187 people made history in Ormond Beach by joining the challenge. They were supported by 2 dozen Fitness Partners, Restaurant Partners, wellness coaches, and Mayor Kelley!
The Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge
is made possible with assistance from partnering agencies:
Family Renew Community was the beneficiary of clothing donations from all of the successful 'Challengers'. Thanks to everyone who donated to Family Renew Community. 16 bags of clothing were donated to the Secret Attic Thrift Store. Thank you to Lulu's for the Fun Run/Walk that generated $350.
Restaurant Partners: Fitness Partners:
Beach Bucket Gold's Gym
Hull's Seafood Bikram Yoga
Houligan's Revive Fitness
Frappe's Lighthearted Living
Peach Valley Pilates
La's Bistro Crossfit of Ormond Beach
Starbucks (West Granada) Daytona Cubs
Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge Farmer's Marker Specials - Ormond Beach MainStreet Farmer's Market at Rockefeller Gardens
2nd Annual Sunday Funday 5k Beach Run Information - The Beach Bucket Bar & Grill / Kiwanis Club of Ormond Beach
Follow the Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge on Facebook!
For more information on the 2013 Mayor's Health and Fitness Challenge or any future challenges, contact Christina Maguire, Risk Manager, at 386-676-3323.