Doing Business in Florida
In Florida, business and government leaders work together to create an environment in which business and industry may thrive. It is an environment that is particularly friendly for entrepreneurs.
An Affordable Cost of Doing Business
In Florida, land and construction costs are reasonable, taxes are stable, and a wide variety of incentives are available to new and expanding businesses. Property, high-tech talent, and the cost of doing business are more affordable in Florida than in most states including California, Massachusetts, or Minnesota.
The Florida Lifestyle
In addition to these attributes, the lifestyle in Florida is the envy of the world. It is a state of exceptional beauty including environmentally significant lands, magnificent beaches, and a rich history. Housing is affordable in Florida and there is no state income tax.
For More Information
- Florida’s economy is the eighth largest in the Western Hemisphere
- Florida’s economy is the 15th largest in the world
- Florida has 14 hospitals listed among America’s Best Hospitals
- Florida ranks second in the nation on TechNet Broadband Index
- Florida’s fourth-grade students are ranked eighth in the nation
- Florida’s economy grew fastest among the 10 largest states
- Florida is the ninth top job-creating state
- Florida’s Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University ranked No. 1 for related engineering
- Florida has positive job market growth
- Florida’s tax system is ranked seventh nationally among business-friendly states
- Florida had eight cities among Intel’s list of 100 best for wireless accessibility
For a business development guide for Ormond Beach, download Doing Business in Ormond Beach 2007
. If you have any questions, please contact Economic Development Director Joe Mannarino