22 S. Beach St.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The city manager is the chief executive officer of the City who leads the organization; provides executive leadership necessary to carry out the mission, goals, and policies established by the City Commission
; and ensures the City operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
The city manager's office is responsible for day-to-day management of all operations of City government, administration of all City services, and enforcement of all laws pursuant to the City Charter including:
- Appointing / removing all employees (except for the city attorney and the attorney's staff)
- Implementing and administering the policy directives of the City Commission within the parameters of the City Charter
- Keeping the City Commission informed as to the financial condition and future needs of the City
- Operating and managing the City's financial services
- Preparing and submitting one-year and five-year capital improvement programs
- Preparing City Commission's meeting agendas
- Signing contracts on behalf of the City